I am like most people during the month of October- absolutely unapologetically obsessed with any food or drink including pumpkin. On a recent trip to Trader Joe's I got sucked into buying pumpkin waffles, mini frozen pumpkin pies & pumpkin cream cheese. It's clearly a problem.
Using the pumpkin cream cheese and a package of crescent rolls, I whipped up this easy dessert the other night. If you don't include the cinnamon sugar topping (which you need to include obviously) it is truly a recipe using only two ingredients!! Full recipe at the bottom of the post.
We had these for dessert, but they would be perfect for a Halloween or Thanksgiving brunch - or even to bring as an appetizer to a pumpkin carving party!
what you need (makes 8):
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cream cheese
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- sheet pan topped with Silpat or covered in cooking spray
- cinnamon sugar topping mixture
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap crescent rolls and lay out on silpat.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon per roll of the pumpkin cream cheese on each roll.
- Roll up crescent rolls in traditional way.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Before rolls cool completely- roll them in cinnamon sugar to top.