One of my favorite places to go when I'm in Southern California (besides my first love) is True Food Kitchen, the menu is incredibly fresh and tasty plus they have a fun cocktail list. Even if I don't have time for a full meal there, I love to stop in and grab their Kale Aid smoothie!
After returning home to a very rainy Chicago this week, I decided a Kale Aid smoothie would be a great reminder of warmer weather. A little googling and I was able to find the exact recipe and you can see my adapted version below which adds in almond milk instead of water and a splash of agave nectar for added sweetness! This smoothie is super refreshing as well as good for you- don't let the leafy ingredients and green color scare you away!
what you need:
- half cucumber, peeled & sliced
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 chunk fresh ginger, peeled
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Add all ingredients into blender or food processor until all leaves are fully incorporated.