This past weekend, we hosted the "breakfast for dinner" themed birthday party for our friend Kay. It was a great success and I can't wait to share the rest of the pictures soon. Besides a spread of cereal, bacon, french toast and pancakes, Chris whipped up some mini egg McMuffin sandwiches for our guests. These were cooked and assembled before everyone arrived and simply popped back into the oven to re-heat for a few minutes once the party started.
What you need (for roughly 24 sandwiches):
- 2 dozen eggs
- 2 packs of bacon (you get about 4 sandwiches from one strip of bacon)
- 2 loaves of sourdough sliced bread
- 1 pack of shredded cheese
- 2.5 inch biscuit cutter
- muffin pan
- sandwich skewers
- Cut out circles from slices of bread using biscuit cutter- you should be able to get about 2 circles per slice. Place these on a baking sheet and lightly toast in the oven. Set aside.
- Cook up the bacon in a pan. Let cool and then slice each strip into 3 to 4 rectangular pieces about 2 inches long. Set aside.
- Break eggs into a bowl and scramble. Place about 1/4 inch of egg in each tin of a muffin pan. Bake eggs in oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place about a tablespoon of shredded cheese on each slice of toasted bread. Top with egg and slice of bacon. Finish with the top slice of bread and skewer the sandwich to hold it all together.
- Reheat the sandwiches for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
here are some sneak peek photos from the party: