For the savory snacks at our holiday party, we wanted easy one bite appetizers that would be just as good once they got cold as they were hot out of the oven. With most get-togethers we have, I like to use a mix of store-bought and home-made items. Here is a list of the savory snacks we served at the plaid party:
- bacon wrapped dates: these are great because you can assemble them a few hours before the party, keep them in the fridge, and then pop them in the oven about 30 minutes before the guests arrive.
- bratwurst bites with caramelized onions and spicy brown mustard: This was the first time we have ever made these and they turned out great. These will definitely be on the list of must haves for future parties. I picked up three packs of Bratwursts at Trader Joes along with some yellow onions and spicy mustard. The tiny forks were another find from Moskatels; they are made by a brand called Mozaik, available here.
- burnt habanero crema salsa & chips: this is an absolute party staple. I think our friends would kill us if we didn't serve it. You can see my previous post with the recipe here.
- Tuscan Swiss sourdough twists - from Target!
- Parmesan Sourdough Twists - also from Target!